23rd April 2018 at 8:04 pm #6849Dan JoyceKeymaster
It’s the first of our evening TTs this Wednesday: a hilly 10 starting in Hackness. Sign on at the village hall car part by 7pm at latest for a 7.15pm start. £3 to ride. All club members welcome (ages 12+). Please note: latecomers may not get a ride. It’s important that it starts on time so that there’s plenty of daylight, especially for those riding home.
Details of event below.25th April 2018 at 10:12 pm #6853Dan JoyceKeymaster
Well done to everyone who had a go at tonight’s hilly TT from Hackness. I couldn’t make it, so can’t comment on it except to say thanks to Paul Marr and Simon Walker for running it, and to anyone else who helped.
1. Harry Butterworth (SPCC, J) 25:28 (23.56mph)
2. Steve Dodds (SPCC) 25:56 (23.14mph)
3. Pete Roebuck (SRC) 26:07 (22.97mph)
4. Matthew Dixon (SPCC, J) 26:40 (22.50mph)
5. Luke Backhouse (SPCC) 27:35 (21.75mph)
6. Gary Whitton (SRC) 27:39 (21.70mph)
7. Dave Leaming (SRC) 27:51 (21.54mph)
8. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 28:06 (21.35mph)
9. Simon Ward (SPCC) 28:17 (21.21mph)
10. Mark Williams (RCC) 28:19 (21.19mph)
11. Hannah Bayes (Liv Giant, WJ) 28:59 (20.70mph)
12. Mike Potter (SPCC) 31:23 (19.12mph)
13. Jonathan Dyer (SPCC) 31:41 (18.94mph)
14. Paul Griffiths (RCC) 32:27 (18.49mph)
15. Patricia Dunn (RCC, W) 34:12 (17.54mph)
16. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 34:17 (17.50mph)
17. Tony Cawthorn (RCC) 41:42 (14.39mph)
DNF Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J)
Next TT is at Snainton next Wednesday, but don’t forget there’s a cross country mountain bike race at Hunmanby Hall Golf and Leisure tomorrow night.
26th April 2018 at 8:41 am #6854Simon WalkerParticipant
- This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by Dan Joyce.
What a lovely evening for a bike ride as they say! Most of the rain dried away, sun was shining with a breeze from the West. We even had a rainbow for the finish line.
Steve Dunn is Steve Dodds in disguise 😉 Paul M misread his entry on the start sheet.
Can we claim this the first Scarborough Club TT where we have had 3 generations of 1 family in RCC colours? With 78 year old Tony being first rider off, with an impressive 41:42 on his new Planet X XLS Gravel Bike, he was hacked off that he didn’t go faster-which is always a good sign. Ozzy had a chain mishap on the start line, got going, but then got a puncture just after Mowthorpe, so had a walk back watching everyone else whizz by (secretly saving himself for tonight’s MTB race). A close call between Katy and Patricia for the ladies podium places, with Patricia over turning last weeks deficit to take 2nd.
As per recent years this is the one course that benefits a lack of years and a lack of extra Lbs. A course PB for Harry B to take the Men’s Win, and a great ride by Hannah Bayes for the Ladies Win. It’s shaping up to be an exciting season with close battles through out the field.
The forum ‘Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.