10-mile Malton TT on 16 May now at Snainton instead

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

The A169 is being surfaced dressed (i.e. gravel chippings) early next week, which would have made it hazardous to run our 10-mile interclub TT on the Malton/Pickering course on Wednesday evening. So we’ve moved it to the Yedingham triangle at Snainton instead (with the blessing of the police and Cycling Time Trials). It’s not worth the risk of someone coming off on loose gravel or getting stuck behind a car doing 20mph. Hopefully it will have packed down by the time we’re next due on there on 13 June.

Because the Malton event was due to start at 7.30pm rather than 7.15pm, that’s the start for the rescheduled event at Snainton too. However, it would be much appreciated if you could arrive by 7pm rather than 7.15pm to sign on, as I’m expecting bigger numbers than usual due to it being an interclub event. Having a bit more time will make it easier for me to set the field and for us to start promptly.

Here’s a map of the course for anyone unfamiliar with it. Note: despite taking place on the Snainton course, this is not a handicap event as it’s a Malton event that’s been moved.

null

• This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce.
    • This topic was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce.
    Keymaster

More info tomorrow.
    null

Keymaster

Another chilly evening at Snainton. I could tell because I was struggling to write the times down properly. It looked like it was going to be a really tough night, as there was a strong northerly wind blowing early on. But it died away quite a bit for the TT, and the times were accordingly pretty good.

It was a close result, with Matt Purnell pipping Kev Allen by just four seconds, with Rob Corney third. As this was an interclub event, Paragon will score maximum points for that. RCC are second, however, as we fielded three riders – all from the same family! Katy’s ride was a good one. Simon Walker is showing a return to form too. Well done on everyone else who rode.

Thanks to Paul Lane for pushing off and number spotting, Paul Marr for marshalling and sign collecting, and Mark Williams for marshalling and sweeping the corners. Thanks too to Brian Musson, who marshalled the first corner, and to Mick, Elaine and John for being ready to stand in if needed. As we had fewer than a couple of dozen riders (surprising for an interclub), me and Paul were able to do both start and finish.

RESULTS
    1. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 24:07 (24.88mph)
    2. Kevin Allen (SPCC) 24:11 (24.81mph)
    3. Rob Corney (SPCC) 24:24 (24.59mph)
    4. Paul Hickman (MW) 24:31 (24.47mph)
    5. Luke Backhouse (SPCC) 24:55 (24.08mph)
    6. Rob Grainger (SPCC) 24:59 (24.02mph)
    7. Jonathan Dyer (SPCC) 25:25 (23.61mph)
    8. Olly White (SPCC) 25:40 (23.38mph)
    9. Paul Warters (YCW) 25:48 (23.26mph)
    10. Simon Walker (SRC) 25:55 (23.15mph)
    11. Mike Potter (SPCC) 26:44 (22.44mph)
    12. Rich Sixsmith (SPCC) 26:51 (22.35mph)
    13. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 29:14 (20.52mph)
    14. Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J) 30:41 (19.55mph)
    15. Tony Cawthorn (RCC) 36:45 (16.33mph)

16. Hester Butterworth (SPCC, W) 36:56 (16.25mph)
    17. Will Butterworth (SPCC, J) 37:54 (15.83mph)

The next event is a 10-mile TT from Brompton at 9am on Sunday morning, which Paragon are running. Sign on by 8.45am at the latest at the bottom of Sawdon Lane. So there’s plenty of time for a Sunday ride afterwards, if you fancy a crack at it.

After that, next Wednesday (7.15pm start, 7.00 sign on), we’ve got a 25-mile TT from Irton. We’re running that. I need TWO VOLUNTEERS to help run this: one at the start/finish, and one at the main road junction in Snainton near the Coachman. Please let me know if you can help. Without volunteers, we can’t run events.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

©2018 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account