19th May 2018 at 5:09 pm #6891Dan JoyceKeymaster
There’s a 10-mile club TT at Brompton tomorrow. Meet at the bottom of Sawdon Lane by 8.45am at the latest for a 9am start. As usual, it’s £3 to ride and any club member aged 12+ can take part (with a parental consent form if under 18). Looks like a nice morning for it.
More details below:
20th May 2018 at 5:28 pm #6892Dan JoyceKeymaster
Looked like it was cracking racing weather at Brompton this morning. ‘Almost float conditions’ according to Simon Walker. Times were accordingly quick, with the top two (Simon Ward and Gary Whitton) getting under 23 minutes. That’s a PB for Ozzy Stringer, I think, and there may be more. Thanks to Paragon for running this one.
The next event is a 25-mile TT at Irton on Wednesday evening, sign on by 7pm for a 7.15pm start. I’ll be timekeeping for this again, but I need AT LEAST ONE PERSON TO HELP ME. That volunteer will put out three signs at Snainton AND marshal the main road junction. It’d take maybe an hour of your time. You’ll either need a car, or a bike that’s able to carry the signs (they’ll fit in a massive rucksack or a big pannier). If I get a second volunteer, that person can help me at the start and finish so I don’t have to push off riders with my busted shoulder. Can you help? Please let me know. The club, as ever, cannot run events without volunteers to help.
1. Simon Ward (SPCC) 22:55 (26.18mph)
2. Gary Whitton (SRC) 22:58 (26.12mph)
3. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 23:22 (25.68mph)
4. Luke Backhouse (SPCC) 24:42 (24.29mph)
5. Paul Warters (YCW) 25:28 (23.56mph)
6. Jonathan Dyer (SPCC) 25:30 (23.53mph)
7. Simon Walker (SRC) 25:37 (23.42mph)
8. Barrie Cappleman (SPCC) 25:46 (23.29mph)
9. Mike Potter (SPCC) 26:02 (23.05mph)
10. Colin France (SPCC) 26:21 (22.77mph)
11. Robin Stephenson (SPCC) 26:21 (22.77mph)
12. Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J) 27:54 (21.51mph) PB
13. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 28:55 (20.75mph) PB this year
14. Jimmy Morrison (SPCC) 29:47 (20.15mph)
15. Brian Ward (SPCC) 30:54 (19.42mph)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.