10-mile TT at Burton Fleming this Tuesday

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

This week’s TT is on Tuesday rather than Wednesday, as it’s an interclub event hosted by Bridlington CC. It’s on the Burton Fleming course (map below). Please note, however, that signing-on for the event takes place at the bottom of Bartindale Hill (i.e. the start) and not at Burton Fleming Village Hall. Also, the start is slightly later at 7.30pm. But I’d advise getting there by about 7pm rather than 7.15pm on the dot as there may be quite a few riders taking part. Apart from that, it’s the usual: £3 to take part, any bike, ages 12+ (riders under 18 need a signed parental consent form, which you can find here; you want the ‘club event’ one).

Here’s a map of the course. Ignore the bit about signing on at the village hall.
    null

Keymaster

Well, that was brutal. More info later.
    null

Keymaster

Yet another chilly one at Burton Fleming for last night’s interclub TT. It was so cold I put my gilet on underneath my skinsuit. It was misty and damp at first, but with a fierce headwind on Bartindale Hill, making a hard start even harder.

Of the RCC riders, there were good efforts from Mark Williams (I remember when I used to beat him!) and Nathan Little, but I think it’s fair to say that Katy struggled round – and I definitely did. Ozzy packed as his heart wasn’t in it, while his grandad Tony shrewdly abandoned before the start.

Riders from other clubs were about where I’d expect them to be, though Simon Ward did a particularly good ride for second, only 9 seconds behind winner Andy Askwith.

Thanks to all the Brid marshals, and to Mick and Elaine for timekeeping.

RESULTS
    1. Andy Askwith (BCC) 25:22 (23.65mph)
    2. Simon Ward (SPCC) 25:31 (23.51mph)
    3. Stuart Pickard (VLV) 25:54 (23.17mph)
    4. Martin Cockerill (BCC?) 25:58 (23.11mph)
    5. Fred Smith (SRC) 26:19 (22.80mph)
    6. Matt Pilling (BCC) 26:28 (22.67mph)
    7. Mark Williams (RCC) 26:31 (22.63mph)
    8. Dan Joyce (RCC) 27:08 (22.11mph)

9. Seb Pickard (VLV?) 27:24 (21.90mph)
    10. Olly White (SPCC) 27:47 (21.60mph)
    11. Simon Walker (SRC) 28:35 (20.99mph)
    12. Colin France (SPCC) 28:44 (20.88mph)
    13. Nathan Little (RCC) 29:03 (20.65mph) PB
    14. Mike Potter (SPCC) 29:08 (20.59mph)
    15. Karl Simpson (CS Creazzo) 34:08 (17.58mph)
    16. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 34:28 (17.41mph)
    DNF Richard Sixsmith (SPCC)
    DNF Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J)
    DNS Tony Cawthorn (RCC)

If you spot any errors, let me know.

We’ve got three, yes THREE, TTs coming up in the next week. On Friday, it’s round 2 of the 5×5 series at Scalby. This a novice/junior/women’s event, so it’s ideal if you’ve never ridden a time trial before. It’s only 5-miles – you’ll easily do it. Meet in the Rugby Club carpark no later than 6.45pm for a 7pm start.

On Sunday morning, it’s the mountain 17, a hilly time trial that starts and finishes in Forge Valley and goes up Forge Valley to Hackness, then through Troutsdale to Snainton, then back along the main road to Ayton and Forge Valley. It’s a good event for road riders who can climb. Meet at Old Man’s Mouth car park in Forge Valley (i.e. towards Hackness) no later than 8.45am for a 9am start.

Then next Wednesday, it’s the usual evening TT, this time at Snainton again, around the Yedingham triangle. This is a handicap event for RCC riders. Meet at the off-road pull-in past the Coachman on the Yedingham road, signing on no later than 7pm for a 7.15pm start. I’m organising this and putting out the signs, but having been sidelined for five weeks due to injury, I would like to ride this event. As such, I need someone to put their hand up to be timekeeper, plus a minimum of two club members to help them. So: three volunteers urgently required. Can you spare an hour or so next Wednesday evening to help your club? Post here, on Facebook, or WhatsApp.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account