22nd May 2018 at 6:10 pm #6894Dan JoyceKeymaster
We’re at Irton tomorrow for another 25-mile TT – out to the Snainton for a couple of laps of the Yedingham triangle, then back to Irton. Meet at the lay-by in Irton no later than 7pm to sign on (£3). All club members welcome. There will be cycle warning signs at various points around the course, plus a marshal where you rejoin the main road in Snainton, but please keep your head up and be vigilant, especially riding through Ayton and when turning right to join the Yedingham triangle for the first time. Don’t forget too that there are some potholes on the back road between Allerston and Yedingham – avoid them!
More details about the event below.
24th May 2018 at 9:58 am #6895Dan JoyceKeymaster
What happened to summer?! It was another chilly, breezy evening for last night’s 25-mile TT from Irton, with a north-easterly wind making it fast out to the triangle but hard work coming back. Times were good in the circumstances, with both Harry Butterworth and Matt Purnell going under the hour. Bad luck to Rob Grainger, who punctured within the first minute; at least he didn’t have far to walk back…
No RCC riders last night – although I guess there are/were 16 club members in Mallorca (most of whom have TTed in the past and all of whom ought to now be fit enough to smash out some decent times). A few of us (me, Trisha) are still a bit crocked as well…
Thanks to Paul and Erin Griffiths for marshalling and sign collection, and to those Paragon members who stepped up on the night: John Tillotson for pushing off (something I still can’t do), Kev Allen and Elaine Ward for marshalling, and Mick Storey for spotting riders.
1. Harry Butterworth (SPCC, J) 59:21 (25.27mph)
2. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 59:38 (25.15mph)
3. Steve Dodds (SPCC) 1:01:08 (24.54mph)
4. Gary Whitton (SRC) 1:01:21 (24.45mph)
5. Rob Corney (SPCC) 1:03:21 (23.68mph)
6. Jonathan Dyer (SPCC) 1:04:25 (23.29mph)
7. Paul Warters (YCW) 1:05:42 (22.83mph)
8. Simon Walker (SRC) 1:06:05 (22.70mph)
9. Olly White (SPCC) 1:07:03 (22.37mph)
10. Robin Stephenson (SPCC) 1:08:06 (22.03mph)
11. Colin France (SPCC) 1:08:12 (21.99mph)
12. Rich Sixsmith (SPCC) 1:12:15 (20.76mph)
13. Karl Simpson (CS Creazzo) 1:20:21 (18.67mph)
DNF Rob Grainger (SPCC)
If you spot any errors, let me know.
The next TT is out at Burton Fleming again. It’s an interclub event and Bridlington CC are running it. As such, it’s not on the usual Wednesday evening but TUESDAY, with a later start of 7.30pm (sign on by 7.15 at the latest, but ideally sooner). Brid usually meet at the bottom of Bartindale rather than at the village hall.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.