We’re at Irton again on Wednesday for a 25-mile TT – out to the Snainton for a couple of laps of the Yedingham triangle, then back to Irton. Meet at the lay-by in Irton before 7pm to sign on (£3). All club members welcome. Remember to keep your head up and be vigilant, especially riding through Ayton.
A nice evening for TTing last night: warm, with only a light SE wind to contend with. Probably not much in it, time-wise, from when we were last here. So hats off to everyone who got a PB – particularly Paul Griffiths, who knocked about 3 minutes off his best, and Mark Williams, who shaved more than 2 minutes from his PB. Dave Bower and me both went backwards a bit. (My legs were tired; dunno about Dave.)
Well done to Steve Dodds on another win, Pete Roebuck for second, and Matt Purnell for third. The next event is the final interclub event, a 10-mile TT around the Yedingham triangle on Wednesday 11 July. It’s also an RCC handicap event.
Thanks to Mick Storey, Elaine Ward, and John Tillotson for timekeeping and pushing off, and to Brian Musson and Paul Lane for marshalling and sign collection.
1. Steve Dodds (SPCC) 56:26 (26.58mph)
2. Pete Roebuck (SRC) 58:12 (25.77mph)
3. Matt Purnell (SPCC) 59:04 (25.40mph) 4. Mark Williams (RCC) 1:00:32 (24.78mph) PB
5. Simon Ward (SPCC) 1:00:57 (24.61mph) 6. Dan Joyce (RCC) 1:01:15 (24.49mph)
7. Kevin Allen (SPCC) 1:02:04 (24.17mph)
8. Luke Backhouse (SPCC) 1:02:11 (24.12mph) PB?
9. Olly White (SPCC) 1:02:58 (23.82mph) PB?
10. Colin France (SPCC) 1:03:56 (23.46mph) PB
11. Barrie Cappleman (SPCC) 1:06:07 (22.69mph) 12. Paul Griffiths (RCC) 1:06:13 (22.65mph) PB
13. Richard Sixsmith (SPCC) 1:08:29 (21.90mph) 14. Dave Bower (RCC) 1:11:47 (20.90mph)
15. Brian Ward (SPCC) 1:17:10 (19.44mph)