5-mile TT at Scalby – Friday 1 June, 7pm

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

It’s the second of five five-mile TTs around the ‘Scalby triangle’ on Friday evening. Sign on by 6.45pm at the latest at Scarborough Rugby Club for a 7pm start. While anyone can ride this event (it’s a Come and Try It event, so you don’t even need to be a member of a club), it’s specifically aimed at junior riders and women beginners. There will be contests over the series for both categories. To take part, you must have a roadworthy bike and, if under 18, a helmet. A red flashing rear light is recommended. It’s free for under 16s.

Here’s a map of the course, which I grabbed from the website of Scarborough Paragon, where you can find more information about the route.
    null

Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

Finally, an evening that was sunny and warm, with little wind. It looked like PB conditions and so it proved – almost everyone got one. Ozzy’s ride, in particular, was a cracker – as far as I know, that’s his highest average speed in any event, ever. He caught and passed mum Katy. It was good enough for second on actual time and first on the night in the junior points competition. Matty Dixon was first on actual time, with Ed Burnley third.

Chris Goode is handling the points competition for juniors. I’m not sure exactly who has what points at the moment, but I’m pretty sure Ozzy is leading, Matty Dixon is second, and Ed Burnley third.

Only two riders in the women’s competition, but it was pretty close on handicap between Helen Prole and Katy Cawthorn, just 19 seconds between them. (Bigger on actual time but that’s not the competition.)

Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event, particularly Chris Goode, Elaine Ward and Mick Storey.

RESULTS ON ACTUAL TIME
    1. Matty Dixon (SPCC, J) 11:55 (25.17mph)
    2. Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J) 13:13 (22.70mph)
    3. Ed Burnley (SPCC, J) 14:00 (21.43mph)
    4. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 14:20 (20.93mph)
    5. Elliot Burnley (SPCC, J) 16:21 (18.35mph)
    6. Andrew Prole (RCC, J) 17:15 (17.39mph)
    7. Helen Prole (RCC, W) 17:31 (17.13mph)

8. Will Butterworth (SPCC, J) 18:23 (16.32mph)

WOMEN’S HANDICAP TIMES
    1. Helen Prole (HC 06:15) 11:16 5pts
    2. Katy Cawthorn (HC 02:45) 11:35 4pts

WOMEN’S HANDICAP POINTS SO FAR
    9 Helen Prole
    5 Hester Butterworth
    4 Katy Cawthorn

The next 5-mile TT is on Friday 15 June. Any ladies out there fancy a crack at it? You don’t need to be a club member to take part, as they’re registered as ‘Come and Try It’ events. Chris Goode is overseeing the points-based junior competition, open to anyone aged 12+ and under 16. I’m overseeing the handicap competition for women beginners, for which there will be trophies at the end of the season. You can take part on any roadworthy bike except an e-bike or a recumbent. Other riders can do it too, subject to numbers (but that doesn’t seem to be a problem).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account