5-mile TT at Scalby – Friday 29 June

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

It’s the fourth of five five-mile TTs around the ‘Scalby triangle’ on Friday evening. Sign on by 6.45pm at the latest at Scarborough Rugby Club for a 7pm start. While anyone can ride this event (it’s a Come and Try It event, so you don’t even need to be a member of a club), it’s specifically aimed at junior riders and women. There will be contests over the series for both categories. To take part, you must have a roadworthy bike and, if under 18, a helmet. A red flashing rear light is recommended. It’s free for under 16s.

Here’s a map of the course, which I grabbed from the website of Scarborough Paragon, where you can find more information about the route.
    null

Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

A breezy night again for the 5-miler around the Scalby triangle, but the wind was in the right direction – from the north, providing a push up the hill out of Burniston.

In the junior competition, Ed Burnley was first, with Adam Scott second, and Ozzy Stringer third. I think on the overall, it’s Ed Burnley, followed by Elliot Burnley, followed by either Andrew Prole or Ozzy. (I’ll make sure I get the final results in a fortnight!)

In the women’s handicap, Helen Prole has now already won. No one else is remotely near. I’d originally conceived this as a competition for women beginners (which Helen is), but we didn’t get many riders and I then included Katy when she turned up. I didn’t handicap Hannah Bayes, who rides for Liv Giant after all, but probably ought to have handicapped Louise Scupham. This was academic as it turned out, as Helen would have won whatever happened. I think next year – if there’s a demand for it – I’ll simply make it a women’s handicap comp and handicap *every* woman who takes part.

Thanks to everyone who helped put on the event, particularly Chris Goode, Elaine Ward and Mick Storey. The final 5-mile TT is on Friday 13 July.

RESULTS ON ACTUAL TIME
    1. Louise Scupham (SPCC, W) 13:02 (23.02mph)
    2. Ed Burnley (SPCC, J) 13:43 (21.87mph)
    3. Ozzy Stringer (RCC, J) 14:15 (21.05mph)
    4. Adam Scott (SPCC, J) 14:46 (20.32mph)
    5. Katy Cawthorn (RCC, W) 14:48 (20.27mph)
    6. Elliot Burnley (SPCC, J) 16:44 (17.93mph)
    7. Helen Prole (RCC, W) 17:10 (17.48mph)
    8. Andrew Prole (RCC, J) 17:41 (16.97mph)

WOMEN’S HANDICAP TIMES
    1. Helen Prole (HC 05:01) 12:09 5pts
    2. Katy Cawthorn (HC 01:50 12:58 4pts

WOMEN’S HANDICAP POINTS SO FAR
    19 Helen Prole
    8 Katy Cawthorn
    5 Hester Butterworth

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account