Club MTB race #3 Hunmanby Hall 28th June

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Bryden Simpson Bryden Simpson 
    Participant

https://www.facebook.com/events/2092931274284525/

Link to face book

Third race event Thursday evening 28th June Arrive / Sign on from 6pm Race starts 6:45

Basically as many laps as you can do in 45 min

Track twisty trails all rollable

Please use the online entry as per Facebook link

Profile photo of Bryden Simpson Bryden Simpson 
    Participant

Online link https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/181756/Hunmanby-Hall-Off-Road-3

Note you don’t need to be British cycling member but yo need to register

Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

To echo Bryden’s post: here’s a reminder about the XC we’re running next Thursday, 28th June – a short cross-country race around the grounds of Hunmanby Hall Golf and Leisure (http://www.hunmanbyhall-leisure.co.uk/golf/). Sign on 18.15 for 18.45 start. It’s more like a cyclocross race in that it’s as many laps (of 1.2 miles) as you can do in half an hour or so, but the all-rollable course (no jumps) is slightly quicker on a mountain bike. You’ll get round it on any bike, however. Well, maybe not a TT bike…

We get a wide range of abilities, from a handful of XC racers at the sharp end through to casual riders on fat bikes and 12 year olds on trail bikes at the other. You don’t need a racing licence. It’s £6 for adults if you enter in advance (at https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/181756/Hunmanby-Hall-Off-Road-3), more if you enter with cash on the night. (Note that you don’t need to be a member of BC to enter the event online, but you do need to register with the site.) There’s tea and cakes available for a small charge after the event when the prize-giving takes place. It’s suitable for riders aged 11 and up.

Keymaster

Don’t forget tonight’s mountain bike XC race for all abilities at Hunmanby Hall. Sign on 6.15 for 6.45 start. £8 each. Suitable for ages 12+ on any off-road capable bike. Not just for racing snakes. Prizes, refreshments, great atmosphere.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce.
    Keymaster

We didn’t have a huge field at Hunmanby on Thursday night, but what a cracking evening’s racing! Good, fast, dry track, with enough twists and turns to keep us on our toes (thanks, Simon), and most importantly a good atmosphere.

I never really saw the leading pack, who set off like rockets. But I had a good race with Simon Walker. I’d put the hammer down on the long straight only for him to reel me in on the twisty descent, where he was much faster; I was cornering a bit warily, like fellow shoulder patient Jamie Ward (who vowed afterwards to go around corners ‘like a big brave boy’).

Good to see Joe Prole back in action after he missed the last race due to injury. Good also to see Paul Griffiths riding like he meant it.

I don’t really know how everyone else’s race went, as it was a bit full on during. But it wasn’t all about the threshold efforts. The winners won beer. See, socials? We get it too. Come and have a go next time? Next event will likely be in September, due to people being on holiday in late July and August.

Thanks to Bryden for organising Katy and her dad for the venue, Simon for track duties (and for stopping me from slacking), the marshals and lap-counters, and the refreshment stall staff.

RESULTS

Young Riders
    1. Ozzy Stringer (5 Laps)
    2. Joe Parole (5 Laps)
    3. Harry Wardle (5 Laps)
    4. Andrew Prole (4 Laps)
    5. Jas Townend (4 Laps)

Over 16/Adults
    1. Guy Drabble (9 Laps)
    2. Adam Ward (9 Laps)
    3. Keith Davis (9 Laps)
    4. Brandon Stock (9 Laps)
    5. Simon Walters (9 Laps)
    6. Dan Joyce (9 Laps)
    7. Simon Walker (9 Laps)
    8. Jamie Ward (9 Laps on the results sheet, but Strava says 8)
    9. Paul Griffiths (8 Laps)
    10. Stephen McQuinn (7 Laps)
    11. Jason Macaleese (7 Laps)
    12. David Sigsworth (7 Laps)

1st Lady: Katy Cawthorne

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account