TT update – help needed for Thursday

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce 
    Keymaster

We’ve got a 25-mile TT this Thursday, meeting as usual in the Irton lay-by. Sign on by 6.45pm for 7pm (ish) start. I am timekeeping again for this event, but I need AT LEAST ONE VOLUNTEER to help me, as I need a marshal in Snainton to guide riders back onto the main road. This is the last-but-one time trial that Richardsons are hosting this year (plus there will be several more from Paragon on our combined calendar). Please note that you’re only eligible for any of our TT competitions if you’ve volunteered to help at least once, or if someone (friend, parent etc) has volunteered on your behalf.

A reminder of the competitions:

The handicap series is based on the Snainton events. Your best 5 of the 7 events there count. Most points wins.

There are three other competitions – Overall, Women, and Junior (under 18). You’re eligible for any competition that you qualify for, so a junior woman could theoretically win all three trophies. This isn’t very likely, although it’s fairly plausible that a strong junior could also win the women’s trophy, or that a fit male junior could also win the overall. We’ll see. It hasn’t happened yet. All three competitions are based on average speed. Your fastest FIVE events from the combined Richardsons/Paragon calendar will averaged out. Highest average speed wins.
    There are some restrictions for counting events:
    – at least one of them must be a hilly TT (which means Hackness, Burton Fleming, the Mt17 or the Mt24. Note that Paragon’s Open TT on 26 August is a counting event)
    – for the Overall, at least one must be a 25
    – no more than one counting event (although you don’t have to ride there at all) may be on the Malton/Pickering course (which is a bit faster)
    So it’s possible to qualify for these competitions with just five rides, although the more rides you do, the more you increase your chances of doing a flyer. Last year the requirement was only four rides, but I reckon that the bigger calendar makes five rides a viable amount. All you need to do is ride five events, one of them hilly – and, for the Overall, one of them a 25.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Dan Joyce Dan Joyce.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2017 Richardsons Cycle Club

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account